A few things about Athens…
- The Acropolis is up on a small mountain and is difficult to walk up under the blazing sun. Find shade whenever you can.
- The Plaka district is right next to the Acropolis and has nice architecture and restaurants with patrons left and right trying to get you to look at their menu.
- Just above Plaka is a flea market with plenty of little shops, but it’s still hard to find a bargain.
- The ticket you buy for the Acropolis is also good for lots of other ruins, but they’re spaced out in the center of the city. So you have to walk a bit. Good thing the ticket is valid for at least 4 days.
- Greek yoghurt as a desert is a traditional dish but also an acquired taste.
- There are dogs all around ruins, even right in the Acropolis. We don’t know who owns them, but they are the chillest dogs you’ll ever come across.