A few things about Venice…
- You will get lost. Just face it and enjoy the scenery.
- When you do get lost, follow the yellow signs to the main attractions and try to relocate yourself.
- There are only three bridges to cross the main canal. And a million others all across Venice.
- A gondala ride is expensive and I never saw a steerer sing. There are also chances of encountering traffic.
- Walk around and you’ll most likely fall on a random art exhibition of any kind.
- Since Venice is gradually sinking, some tall buildings may seem a bit crooked.
- Plaza de San Marco is gorgeous.
- Beware of mosquitoes, especially at night.
- The gelato in Venice is the cheapest I had in all of Italy.